Monday, May 03, 2010

Apathy

One of my favorite quotes was made by stand-up comic Bill Maher, when he said, (paraphrasing here) "I am angry about alot of things. I'll tell you what I'm mostly pissed off about. I'm mostly pissed off that not enough people are pissed off."

I think that really sums up the frustration of the heightism activist. Most people simply don't care. People just want to go on about living their lives. They want to make the most of the time they have and not sit around dwelling on the fact that they are short and the challenges that they face because of it.

Why bother joining NOSSA? What good will it do? At the end of the day I'll still be short and nothing will have changed.

We've compiled a list of some of the benefits of uniting together with NOSSA. You can review the list by clicking here.

I think it's very important to not allow yourself to have a negative and/or apathetic attitude when it comes to these types of issues.

Change starts from within and can certainly work it's way throughout society like a wildfire. But only if you let it. Only if you abandon the apathy and take action....
 

© 2005-2013 - National Organization Of Short Statured Adults, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Legal Notice